We have seen that a lot of people are extremely advanced in their understanding of the SEO industry and how things are done. People even understand how Google Search works very well and they can predict if things are going wrong. However, this is true for a small part of users as not everyone is equipped with the same kind of knowledge as they might have just entered the field of SEO. For this reason, we are here to let you know about the basic steps you need to do when starting a website.
You might know that Google is the biggest search engine right now so it is obvious that you would want your website on it to get traffic. For this, you need to submit your website to Google Search Console which is sort of a dashboard by Google. If you submit your website to Google Search Console, it means that you want Googlebot to visit your website and index it in Google Search. Therefore, we will now guide you on how to submit your website to Google Search Console:
- The first step is to visit the Google Search Console website and Sign In with your account.
- Next, you will want to select your website from the sidebar under the “Search Property” section.
- Once the website is selected, you need to click on “Sitemaps” inside the Google Search Console.
- From there, you can either add a new sitemap with “sitemap.xml” name or remove outdated ones. If you are starting with a fresh website, you won’t have any outdated sitemaps.
- For submitting a new sitemap, you need to click on the ‘Add a new sitemap’ button at the top-right of your screen. Make sure that you have generated your site’s sitemap prior to performing these steps so it will be easier to complete this process.
- After the sitemap is added, click Submit and wait for Google to index your website to Search.
Does Google Set Limits to Search Traffic?
Refer To This Guide To Understand Why Having a Decent Credit Score is Important
LinkedIn Users Can Now Control Who Sees Their Posts
Google May Expand Roll Out of Web Stories if More Sites Use Them
The Building Blocks of Effective B2B Web Design
DuckDuckGo Hits New Record: 100 Million Searches Per Day
Google Reportedly Blocking Australian News From Search
Business12 months ago
Wix launches Editor X, website maker for designers and web agencies
Domains11 months ago
8 best domain flipping platforms
News2 years ago
Google Search Rankings showing early signs of an algorithm update
Internet Marketing2 years ago
Snapchat’s new ‘Multi-Snap’ feature and New Sticker options seen in testing
Domains12 months ago
Domains with .com extension are going to become expensive soon
Domains9 months ago
Top 10 sites to buy expired domains in 2020
News1 year ago
Google announces News Publisher Center and changes to approval of News websites
Business6 months ago
8 Best Digital Marketing Books to Read in 2020