The concerned authorities of WordPress have come up with 2.0 version of the official AMP plugin. The new update is all equipped with new useful features. The new update can be used by the users to build fast pages and minimise the number of resources which are needed to build these pages. A number of major upgrades are available through the new 2.0 official AMP. We will take a look at all of the major changes that you will see through the update-
- You can use any AMP-compatible theme, all template modes and content types as AMP.
- The old reader mode’s scope and post templates from version 1 of AMP will be available
- Support will be available for all of the essential features including-
- Navigation menus
- Template design variations
- Two versions will be available to the customizer in the reader mode that is
- Default customizer for the active theme
- AMP customizer for the AMP reader theme.
- The version synchronizes general site settings to maintain brand affinity between AMP and non-AMP pages.
- Owners will get the flexibility to decide which parts of a site should and should not be served as AMP.
- Users can enable all templates to be served as AMP while excluding certain post types to be served as AMP.
- The version makes this easier by “shaking the CSS tree” and removing as much unused CSS as possible.
- If you edit AMP page in Gutenberg, invalid elements will be detected and reported to the site owner.
- All the validation issues will be surfaced on the Error Index screen.
- Site owners will be able to see summary information about each issue including a list of URLs affected by a specific issue.
- New features for the WordPress admin bar.
- Developer tools can be turned off for users who aren’t responsible for them.
- Availability of automatic redirection of mobile visitors to the AMP version of a site.
- Availability of ‘Onboarding Wizard’ that makes configuration more intuitive.
- The settings screen is redesigned.
Does Google Set Limits to Search Traffic?
Refer To This Guide To Understand Why Having a Decent Credit Score is Important
LinkedIn Users Can Now Control Who Sees Their Posts
Google May Expand Roll Out of Web Stories if More Sites Use Them
The Building Blocks of Effective B2B Web Design
DuckDuckGo Hits New Record: 100 Million Searches Per Day
Google Reportedly Blocking Australian News From Search
Business12 months ago
Wix launches Editor X, website maker for designers and web agencies
Domains11 months ago
8 best domain flipping platforms
News2 years ago
Google Search Rankings showing early signs of an algorithm update
Internet Marketing2 years ago
Snapchat’s new ‘Multi-Snap’ feature and New Sticker options seen in testing
Domains12 months ago
Domains with .com extension are going to become expensive soon
Domains9 months ago
Top 10 sites to buy expired domains in 2020
News1 year ago
Google announces News Publisher Center and changes to approval of News websites
Business6 months ago
8 Best Digital Marketing Books to Read in 2020