Have you ever wondered of how different the reach of your Instagram post is when you post a single post versus when you post a collection of photos known as the carousel? Users are forever experimenting with their Instagram post and finding new ways to increase their followers.
A recent study which was conducted by Social Insider revealed statistics of Instagram posts.
The following statistics were recorded by the authorities-
- In 2017, 3 to 4% of Instagram content consisted of carousel posts.
- In 2020, 19% of Instagram content consisted of carousel posts.
- Carousels have an average engagement rate per post of 1.92%
- Images have an average engagement rate per post of 1.74%
- Videos have an average engagement rate per post 1.45%
- The engagement rate per post goes over 2% when all 10 carousel slides are used.
- Most carousels have between 2 to 4 slides.
- Only 6% of carousels are maxed out at 10 slides.
- Engagement drops off after three slides
- Engagement picks up again at 8 slides and above.
- A combination of images and videos in the same carousel is found to generate the highest engagement rate per post (2.33%).
- Only 7% of carousels containing both images and videos.
- 88% of carousels contain only images
- 4% of carousels contain only videos.
- Even carousels with only videos are found to produce a slightly higher engagement rate than images alone (1.86% vs 1.80%).
- Video carousels generate significantly more comments.
- Carousels that have only videos receive a median number of 26 comments per post.
- Carousels with mixed content have a median number of 16 comments per post.
- Carousels that have only images receive a median number of 7 comments per post.
- Carousels with messages that encourage users to swipe left perform better.
- Swipe left on a carousel can bring the average engagement rate from 1.83% to 2%.
- Only 5% of carousels contain “swipe left” messaging.
Thus, the survey stats clearly show that carousels do help you in getting more traction from Instagram which means it should not be overlooked at all.
Google working to combine smart display and standard display into one campaign
Shopify facilitates ease of marketing for specific countries
Website themes can affect SEO to some extent
YouTube extends its community posts to a larger creator base
Microsoft Ads reveals its plans to move to a New Feedback Platform
Facebook presents ease of funding for SMBs
YouTube brings 5 new features for creators
Domains2 years ago
8 best domain flipping platforms
Business2 years ago
Wix launches Editor X, website maker for designers and web agencies
News2 years ago
Google Search Rankings showing early signs of an algorithm update
Business1 year ago
8 Best Digital Marketing Books to Read in 2020
Internet Marketing2 years ago
Snapchat’s new ‘Multi-Snap’ feature and New Sticker options seen in testing
Domains2 years ago
Domains with .com extension are going to become expensive soon
Domains1 year ago
Top 10 sites to buy expired domains in 2020
How To's2 years ago
How to submit your website’s sitemap to Google Search Console