Have you ever wondered of how different the reach of your Instagram post is when you post a single post versus when you post a collection of photos known as the carousel? Users are forever experimenting with their Instagram post and finding new ways to increase their followers.
A recent study which was conducted by Social Insider revealed statistics of Instagram posts.
The following statistics were recorded by the authorities-
- In 2017, 3 to 4% of Instagram content consisted of carousel posts.
- In 2020, 19% of Instagram content consisted of carousel posts.
- Carousels have an average engagement rate per post of 1.92%
- Images have an average engagement rate per post of 1.74%
- Videos have an average engagement rate per post 1.45%
- The engagement rate per post goes over 2% when all 10 carousel slides are used.
- Most carousels have between 2 to 4 slides.
- Only 6% of carousels are maxed out at 10 slides.
- Engagement drops off after three slides
- Engagement picks up again at 8 slides and above.
- A combination of images and videos in the same carousel is found to generate the highest engagement rate per post (2.33%).
- Only 7% of carousels containing both images and videos.
- 88% of carousels contain only images
- 4% of carousels contain only videos.
- Even carousels with only videos are found to produce a slightly higher engagement rate than images alone (1.86% vs 1.80%).
- Video carousels generate significantly more comments.
- Carousels that have only videos receive a median number of 26 comments per post.
- Carousels with mixed content have a median number of 16 comments per post.
- Carousels that have only images receive a median number of 7 comments per post.
- Carousels with messages that encourage users to swipe left perform better.
- Swipe left on a carousel can bring the average engagement rate from 1.83% to 2%.
- Only 5% of carousels contain “swipe left” messaging.
Thus, the survey stats clearly show that carousels do help you in getting more traction from Instagram which means it should not be overlooked at all.
Bing is all set to roll out new updates which will help improve the search experience of the users
Pinterest launches a lot of new features to help the creators of the platform
Google authorities busted several myths surrounding SEO for the site owners
Retailers will be able to add shipping details on their products because of the new structured data
Cloudflare and Internet Archive will help the publishers in many unknown ways
Ashrefs SEO tool is the one that every site owner needs in his life because it is free!
Google has officially launched the new WordPress Web Stories Plugin for crisp web stories
Business8 months ago
Wix launches Editor X, website maker for designers and web agencies
Domains7 months ago
8 best domain flipping platforms
News1 year ago
Google Search Rankings showing early signs of an algorithm update
Domains8 months ago
Domains with .com extension are going to become expensive soon
Internet Marketing1 year ago
Snapchat’s new ‘Multi-Snap’ feature and New Sticker options seen in testing
News10 months ago
Google announces News Publisher Center and changes to approval of News websites
News1 year ago
DailyMail admits losing 50% traffic after Google June 2019 Core Update
Business2 months ago
8 Best Digital Marketing Books to Read in 2020